i was annoyed that my sidebar loaded extremely slow. now i finally found some time to fix this. i hardcoded the blogroll into the template, so there are no external files loaded anymore. i used blogrolling.com for that service, so it was a bit of a chore to get that data off their site.
i exported my blogroll into an opml-file. then i opened that file in my favorite text-editor, subethaedit and “search & replace”d until i could just paste the resulting code into my template. so now you have a much spiffier sidebar on my blog (if you visit it and don’t just pull the posts via rss…)
now i just need to get that validation right, but that’s a task for another free hour, now i’m off to see crimen ferpecto, which is hopefully gonna be good for a laugh or two.
: technically it’s not a blogroll, ’cause some of my friends don’t blog, hence it’s called friendly bits.